Thursday, September 10, 2009

When you know everything.

When I was sixteen I knew everything.
When I was eighteen I knew even more.
When I was twenty-one I questioned what I knew.
When I turned thirty I was sure I knew nothing.
It's been a slow progression of mental lapse and deterioration since then. Now...
I'm thirty blah blah years old and I know very little.

I know I love my children.
I know I love my husband.
I know that I believe in a creator.
I know that I believe in the creator's son.
I know that there are questions without answers.

I know I may never know more than that, but I sleep well at night in my ignorance.

1 comment:

  1. Ummm....have you been reading my mind? ;o)

    Thanks for sharing this, Caryn. You put it perfectly. May I quote you?

    ReplyDelete

All posts must include names.
I will not post anonymous messages.