Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Thankful.

This month I challenge you to dwell on your blessings; to think of at least one thing each day that you are thankful for. I would like to list some of mine now…

I’m thankful for strangers. People who I don’t know, but who have helped me and my family by word or deed.

I’m thankful for teachers/professors that forced me to open my mind even when a crowbar was required.

I’m thankful for my parents who taught me faith, scripture and some amazing southern cooking.

I’m thankful for distant relatives and the opportunity to know them better. My roots are now my heart strings.

I’m thankful for friends. Friends who live all over the place, but they don’t stop loving me because of it. Friends who digitally hold my hand through everything…and I mean everything.

I’m thankful for that guy who dumped me so that I’d go to OC and find a better guy.

I’m thankful for my sweet, loyal, forgiving, patient, Godly man that I am so blessed to know and cuddle up with every night.

I’m thankful for Facebook.

I’m thankful for music. Most days I am not without it, and the days that I am are not the best. Music led me to my friends. Music inspires me to write. Music brings me to my knees and lifts me up to praise. Music is a huge part of my life.

I’m thankful for my children. I’m thankful for pink Barbie clothes and Matchbox cars all over my house. I’m thankful for how much my children teach me about life and love and faith.

I’m thankful for forgiveness. I need it so often. On that note…

I’m REALLY thankful for grace and mercy.

I’m thankful for people who still have faith even when media and everything else attempts to brainwash us into forgetting Jesus.

I’m thankful for pie…pumpkin pie and coffee. God must love us…food tastes so good.

I’m thankful for the word of God and how it brings his children closer to Him.

I'm thankful for Jesus who thought we were worth dying for.

I could go on, but I hope this short list encourages you to come up with a few blessings of your own. Peace to you this THANKFUL season.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All posts must include names.
I will not post anonymous messages.